I work with all mothers to be, those planning a natural, cesarean or VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) delivery, whether it be in your home, birth centre or hospital.
The role of a birth doula is to support the mother continuously throughout labour with emotional stability and physical comfort; giving the mother information so she and her partner can make informed decisions. Having a doula present helps to lower the risk of interventions, inductions and less need for pain relief. As well as making your partner more at ease which will bring a calmness in the room.
Birth doula services:
- First meeting is to get to know each other, your partner can come along also and is strongly encouraged to (free of charge)
- At least one face to face visit, what topics we go over vary client to client depending on their individual needs (fee included in total price / 500,-)
- Unlimited support – txt, call or email service, regarding pregnancy or labour
- 24/7 phone service from 38 weeks till you go into labour. I will consider myself on call for you at this time (fee included in total price / 2000,-)
- Continuous support during the actual birth (doulas do not change shifts so I am with you till your baby is in your arms)
- Creating a birth ‘wish’
- 1 home visit after baby is born
In case I cannot come to your labor (for any reason on my or your side), you can use my services as a Virtual Doula.